Friday, April 24, 2009

back to GLAMOUR...

As a full blooded Filipina, I really love to party, and I think all Filipinos do. And I think I grew up in a family who has that "cant stay still" disease. We as a family always find ourselves in engagement with performances, shows, contests, fundraising events, church gatherings and never ending practices. I think before a year starts out our iterinaries are already full. That's why if you ever see me on the beach with my whole family, it would probably be one miraculous weekend that we're FREE!!!

I can't say I'm not having fun in this hectic schedule, I LOVE it, because I think I'll go crazy if I ever stay still.
So our most recent agenda was to PARTAAYYY at"Celine's Debutante Ball last week. Yes, it does actually happen in Bangkok, for Filipinos at least.
A debut is a tradition in the Philippines and other countries I think, to celebrate a lady's 18th birthday with a very big party. It's like her coming out party, welcoming her to the world of adulthood and I think we used to say, "she's now legal to have a boyfriend." which I didn't follow, and now I wish I had, so I'd still be innocent from men. Now I know what the elders mean. :)

Anyways, a BIG part of a debut in the Philippines is the Cotilion, which is a waltz dance with the selected 18 partners of the debutante. My mom choreographed Celine's cotilion and we added spice to it by not just sticking to the normal waltz of the flower music, we added a little bit of hip-hop salsa and bachata. So it was HOT and fun.

Then there's the "18 roses" where the debutante selects her 18 special guys to dance with. And then, there's the "18 candles" where the 18 closest lady friends and relatives of the debutate gives her a wish, which my mom, my 2 sisters, and I did.

Also, since I love making up concepts when it comes to parties and fashion. Celine and I came up with "OLD HOLLYWOOD" which would bring back everyone to the glamorous lives of 1920s and 1930s Hollywood. It was perfect since we already had the debutante as the "Star of the Night, the Oscars Best Actress, and best-dressed in the red carpet!!!

Of course in the end only a few ended up looking OLD HOLLYWOOD, I did of course. I need to live up to my concept!!!hehehe...But nevertheless it was a FUN night, I get to be young as a highschool again, camwhore all night long, rule the dance floor with my sistahs and see Celine really have her night as a full grown lady!!! Welcome to the world girl!!

Here's a glimpse of our RED CARPET!!!


Celine and I...the debutante and the make-up artist...

with all the finishing touches...


my FASHIONISTA family...

glimpses of the ball...the performances...the cake...the spectators...

No comments:

Post a Comment